MADISON CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT #39-2
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
MONDAY MAY 10, 2021
HIGH SCHOOL/MIDDLE SCHOOL LIBRARY
1. Call to order.
2. Record members present or absent.
3. Establishment of quorum.
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Approval of agenda.
6. Approval of consent agenda items 7-9.
7. Consider approval of minutes for the April 12th regular meeting.
8. Approval of bills: Lori Schultz, Keith Bundy and Tom Farrell will review bills and financial reports at 4:45 p.m.
Invoice Distribution (Bills)
Trust & Custodial (General Ledger)
9. Personnel Actions.
Resignation: Tylor Lee as temporary custodian, effective 4/9/21. Schuyler Walchek as technology support effective 4/23/21 and Ben Young effective 5/14/21, Joanne Kallhoff as prom advisor effective end of 20-21 school year, Nicole Decker as Band Director effective end of 2020-2021 school year.
Request to hire: Alec Bultje as full-time technology support to replace Schuyler Walchek and Ben Young @ $18.10 per hr. effective 5/10/21 and as MS Football L/IV-0 $1,718 (2021-2022 school year) to replace Austin Kesteloot. Dawn Wiebers, Joe Bundy and Marshall Dennert as Driver’s Education Behind the Wheel Instructors @ set rate per agreement, Dawn Wiebers and Maxine Unterbrunner as Driver’s Education Classroom Instructors @ $30.00 per hr, Jeremy Raymond as full-time custodian from temp custodian @ $13.10 plus $1.00 night differential to replace Debora Lee.
Contract Change for 2021-2022: Dana Gonyo – HS Student Council position to split position (for 1 year) L/III-13 from $3,332 to $1,666 (pay based on years of experience), Cassondra Grogan – HS Student Council position split position (for 1 year) L/III-0 $1,557. Austin Kesteloot remove MS Football L/IV-3 $1,718. Dana Gonyo L/III-8 $1,111, Katie Weeldreyer L/III-0 $1,038 and Al Bierschbach L/III-0 $1,038 to split Prom Advisor 3 ways (pay based on years of experience).
Request to hire for 2021-2022 school year: Casualene Meyer as ESL Teacher MA+45 @ $51,748, Maggie Loudenback as an Elementary Teacher BA @ $44,255, Melissa Larsen as elementary teacher MA+30 @ $51,460.
Classified Agreement base changes: Summer Foodservice worker 2020-21 $13.25 per hr. and 2021-22 $13.55 per hr., Central Office Administrative Assistant 2021-22 $14.40 per hr.
10. Hearing of delegations and written communications.
School patrons will be given the opportunity to address the school board regarding items that are not on the agenda. The board will not hear personal complaints about the staff. The president will limit speakers to a reasonable amount of time.
11. Administrator(s) reports.
12. Madison Central annual election information: No election was held in 2021, District has 8001 registered voters.
13. Discuss Summer Lunch Program.
14. Approval of Certified Agreement.
15. Approve issuance of 2021-2022 certified Title I teacher contracts.
16. Approve Department of Education Application for a Waiver from an Administrative Rule for Algebra I to be taught in the 8th grade level for high school credit.
17. Accept 2019-2020 Quam & Berglund audit report.
18. Consider audit agreement for the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
19. Consider food service agreement with St. Thomas School.
20. Consider food service agreement with Harrisburg School.
21. Consider a contract for Curriculum/Special Development Director.
22. Discuss 2021-2022 preliminary budget and set budget hearing date.
23. Consider candidates for SDHSAA Board of Directors.
24. Consider SDHSAA Constitutional Amendment
25. Executive session in accordance with SDCL 1-25-2 Section 1 for personnel matters.
Time in________________Time out________________
26. Adjournment of regular meeting.